The Core Services (SOA) team is responsible for developing high performance service-oriented infrastructure, which drives an Angular webapp as well as several mobile applications. The services layer (written in Java) supports mission-critical business logic and provides low-latency access to massive data sets.
- Deep technical and architectural skills, to guide the development of our product line and manage the amazing work that the team is doing
- Great people skills – you’ll be the go-to representative for your team and will be constantly interacting with business owners across the company
- A track record of success in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience developing software using Agile methodologies and experience being a scrum master is a plus
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with SOA, Java, and modern web development in a professional software development environment
- 3-4 years of experience as a manager
- BS or MS in Computer Science or any engineering discipline
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Strong decision making and balance perfectionism and pragmatism required to build things right
- Manage and coordinate efforts across teams in Designing and Development of web services to power core functionality – responsible for providing direction and motivation for your team, including your team members on the other side of the globe.
- Responsible to plan releases and deliver against Quarterly Product plans
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system availability and performance
- Hire, Mentor, and train engineers in the team